Aug 19, 2009

A Replacement for Our Beloved Suzuki

Followers of our blog will recall that our Suzuki Sidekick Sport was recently stolen and subsequently destroyed by a pack of roaming youts. It took over a month to research replacement options, talk with dealers, autobrokers, and private sellers, and then go through with the purchase.

We decided on a Toyota Matrix. I sense a certain raising of eyebrows at our decision to go with just about the most generic car on the market. Ever since I've been buying cars I've picked cars that were somewhat unique from the run of the mill fleet that one sees on the road. I've owned a '69 Landcruiser, a '76 TR6, a lifted '86 Toyota longbox pickup... Hell even the Suzuki stood out from the millions of Suzukis on the road.

Its a very comfortable car with great mileage, reasonable performance, and a HUGE cargo area. Rachelle is able to put just as much pottery into the back of the Toyota as she was able to cram into the Suzuki. Its a combination of features that's hard to argue with.

Oh ya... In house building news, sharp readers will notice in the last photo that the siding on the front of the house has been completed. That's 2 sides down... 2 to go. I've got another 3 weeks of vacation where I hope to get the studio electrical works inspected, and a start on the drywall. I think that today I'll take a run at framing in the alcove for the refrigerator.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everthing looks great!! I love your new car. I bet you just love coming home to your PLACE that you both have put together yourselves. What a pair !!!!!
Love A. Anne

sarge said...

Wow!!! Nice car and the house looks great. What year is your new car? You two should be very proud of your accomplishments.

Love to you both

Anonymous said...

A 1976 TR6!!!!

I'm so sad...gonna cry.

P

Anonymous said...

Wheels! Yeah!

Siobhan Chinnery said...

dont forget the old Volvo or the Austin Marina. On the house front, I'm getting a little worried that all your going to have for me to do when I visit, is hang board.
ugh!

Siobhan Chinnery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WillJam said...

and the yellow Honda something-or-other the looks of which Scott once described as a "dog humping football"