....because my summer just hasn't been quite eventful enough...
We knew about the wasp nest. Doug had asked me to come outside to keep an eye on it while he finished screwing the last of the roofing on to that corner. If, he said, they looked like they were exiting en masse - let him know. If, he said, just one or two flew out, it would be fine.
Doug started drilling in the roofing screws. One wasp left the nest. Fine. More drilling, one more wasp. And then the fightterjetfuelinjectedcyborg of a pittbull wasp flew at moc speed full on into my lip!!
Oh yeah - funny as all get out - if you're not me!!!
6 comments:
I'm not buyin it!
What does the other guy look like? I mean that is a pretty shiny new potty you were just gushing about and I'm guessing that somebody made an ill advised move to lift it. He backs his 4x4 up to the house, "toons cranked" and you went "postal", he gets in a lucky shot and voila a "wasp" sting. Riiiight.
P
This actually was an insect variety of wasp - this time.
That's some fat lip. Hope it gets better soon.
Now I know how the Botox-gone-wrong group feel.
Ah gee! And Doug didn't end up with any bites???
He did get stung - on the wrist. But it didn't swell or hurt very much. His wasp was the apprentice soldier in training I guess.
Post a Comment