May 24, 2009

Triennial Beach Outing

We made personal history today. It has been three years since Doug and I spent a day relaxing on the beach. Here we are on the North Brooks Peninsula on our last kayaking trip in 2006. But today - only because Doug was paralyzed with pain from an upper back muscle spasm - we took books to the beach and read all day.

As luck would have it, Peter Cloud Panjoya, one of our local massage purveyors, had set up shop at the beach! Doug limped up to his tent and asked for a 30 minute massage; I put my foot down (in the soft sand) and he got a 60 minute massage. And then we read. And then we napped. And then we read a little more. And now we're having pizza. Life is good.

4 comments:

Paul and Brenda said...

Okay, I'm officially jealous. Enjoy every moment!

evelyn Jessup Bingham said...

I remember a 2006 kayak trip and it seems to me that Rachel was the one with (potential) paralyzing back pain. How does that work? However it does, I hope it goes away from everyone, never to return. Cheers, you two.

eve said...

Actually I realize that was 2005. Time flies

Rachelle Chinnery said...

It WAS 2005! Oi. We're an equal opportunity couple Ev. No injury unshared - that's our new motto. Su pain es mi pain.