Sep 20, 2008

12th Anniversary


Our wedding photos are buried in a mound of boxes. But this 20-year-old one will do. We are 28 and 23 years old. I was leaving for school in Spain within a week. I would only see Doug for two weeks in the 12 months I was gone. Ten years later, after 5 years apart, we tied the knot.

And if we can make it through a winter in a half-built house - we can make it through anything. Ain't love great?


8 comments:

Siobhan Chinnery said...

Is that what happens when you enter the time warp that is Hornby Island. I'm pretty sure my eldest daughter is 11 years old. She was born 6 months after you were wed. HAPPY TWELFTH ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Rachelle Chinnery said...

OMG - you're right! 13... 30... lifetimes. What does it really matter grasshopper?

Siobhan Chinnery said...

We had a good giggle when we saw the 13! We think we are bad forgetting the anniversary altogether. Usually Marilyn has to remind us.

Have a very happy anniversary... no matter how many years.

Siobhan

Siobhan Chinnery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ted Brunt said...

Happy anniversary!

I guess we're right behind you. 12 in a few weeks.

Mind you, I never had a mullet like that baby.

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) anniversary you two.

PLCL

Paul and Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary!

The Clements said...

What a hilarious picture!! Doug looks like he's doing the I'm-not-going-to-smile-cuz-I-look-real-sexy-with-this-somewhat-angry-looking-pout pose. Of course the mullet puts him over the top! I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that!

I guess Fall was certainly a popular wedding choice. We celebrate #8 tomorrow.

Congratulations guys ... and yes, if you can survive a winter in a halfbuilt house then you can pretty much survive anything.

~Jill