
At least the snow gives us some roof insulation. It started as we went to Courtenay on Saturday. By the time we had picked up everything we needed and had run all of our errands it was seriously accumulating. It never really got too bad on Hornby, but we heard that it snowed over 25cm in town. OK, that's not a huge deal for all you readers back East, but it's pretty significant out here.
I took this photo as we were picking up a coffee on our way to the ferry in the morning. That's Bobcat with Rachelle. Bobcat was there having just left a big pirate themed party at the ball park. He's not in costume.

When we got home later that afternoon we headed down to Pete and Judith's, our neighbours down the hill. When we got there it became obvious that they had arranged a bunch of friends to come by and help celebrate my upcoming birthday. It was a most excellent party involving blender drinks, cake, home made squares, and that king of foods, the barbecued cheeseburger. YUM!! Thanks so much everyone who came, and especially Pete and Judith for hosting and Rachelle for pulling it all together.
Pete and Judith live at the bottom of a good toboggan hill and around 10PM a bunch of us heading out to do some drunken nighttime sledding. No one got seriously hurt, we all got a bit wet, and good times were had in buckets.
Speaking of buckets, check out our dish washing station. Its one thing to not have running water inside the house, but when you have to break the ice to get at the wash basin, things are getting a little rougher than I was bargaining for.
7 comments:
Well let me tell you Doug, you got more snow than we did and we are prepared with shovels, snowblowers, and tobaggans. We got about 10cm which is nothing but great for the kids having fun on a hill. They all went to the Santa Claus parade and came back here for lasagna,chicken wings and caesar salad with a fruit dessert prepared by Jill and Aaron. I wish you two could have joined us.
Love Aunt Anne
Hi Doug & Rachelle:
Don't know if you received my previous message; so here goes again. When I saw the snow on Vancouver Island I wondered how you guys were making out(not in the romantic sense!). Today we received your Mom's Christmas letter and I went on to your blog. It was great reading about you activities and seeing your home. We are receiving 30-40cms of snow tonight, guess I'll be shovelling tomorrow.
I will periodically check your site for more interesting photos. Janet & I wish you all the best as you settle in to your new home. Wishing you guys a Merry Christmas and Health, Happiness & Prosperity in the New Year!
Bob & Janet Capson
Happy Birthday Doug!!
Lianne
Buon Compleano Amico Mio,
Salute a te e Rachelle!
Maria
Channeling Kenny: Hardcore Chin! Hardcore!
Happy Birthday Doug!
Happy Birthday! I am glad to see you haven't completely escaped winter way out there.
Keith
I just got back from Montreal...3 feet of snow baby! Wicked! Happy birthday cuz, hope you had a great one:)
Post a Comment