I've established a loose agreement with my friend Rob. Rob is a ticketed electrician but prefers to run his family business which is "Hornby Island Diving". They have a 10 room lodge to house visiting divers and a great dive boat. Rob is also one of the officers of the Hornby Island Volunteer Fire Department.
So... about the loose agreement... I agreed to join the Fire Department if he would act as a consultant to help us wire the house. I've committed to 2 nights a week of training which will last for several months. At that point I drop back to 1 night a week which is the regular practice session.
Access to the Firehall is actually a pretty nice perk. There's a big screen TV, games, laundry, and showers... None of which I have now. The rest of the crew are great and very welcoming, and I think that being in that position gives you great access to all that is happening in the community. Not to mention lots of work opportunity... Not that I need any more work right now.
Look for my washboard abs coming soon to a calendar near you.
3 comments:
I was thinking of another "loose agreement" you become a volunteer firefighter... and Rob gives huge discounts for your brother to go diving.
Think about it is all I'm saying
Scott
Good for you Doug. Remember your grandfather Max was a volunteer fire fighter for years and did we kids pay. Every time there was a fire and they needed the volunteers there would be 1 long ring on the telephone to signify it was the fire department. Needless to say everytime we kids were on the phone longer than 2 minutes Dad would tell us to get off because the FD was probably trying to reach him (especially in the summer). Good luck and have fun.
Aunt Anne
I'd buy that calendar! lol!
Good for you Cuz...and the house looks awesome!
B.
Post a Comment