Boy am I beat! Today was the first event of the 2006 Randonneur season. As is tradition, they always start with a 100km ride. While 100K is too short to be considered an official randonnee, its a great way to to get the gears turning and the mind/body connection tuned for endurance.
The day started with showers threatening. The weather forecast was for showers beginning late in the morning. Not only did the rain not materialize, the sun actually burned through the overcast and it became a gorgeous day!
I felt really great throughout the ride and even had a enough jam left over to ride home afterwards. It took me 4 hours on the nose to finish, including a 15 minute break in the middle.
When i got home I checked some stats on my bike computer and noticed that the total distance read 8500km. All that in less than 2 years!! I like bikes!!
1 comment:
So Rachelle, were you REALLY considering doing the 50??
Post a Comment