It was a pretty rainy day and I wasn't really inspired to get out the camera, but I did click off a few pics of this one particlular project.
This used to be a busted up old ladder (bridge) through a swamp. There were a bunch of rungs missing, the stringers were rotten to the core, and the puddle was damn near chest level! Alright maybe knee level. We dug a drainage trench to drained the swamp and the ladder was ripped out and replaced with this gorgeous bridge built with planks that a couple of the guys milled out of a fallen cedar near the top of the trail.
After we secured the bridge I planted a bunch of ferns and salal bushes in the mud patch. We also carried over some big rocks and armoured the entrance and exit to the bridge.
This was only 1 of 20 projects that got worked on over the course of the day. Other ladders got replaced, puddles got armoured, structures were reinforced, and erosion was fixed. This is now one of the best trails on the shore.
No comments:
Post a Comment