Feb 8, 2012

Every Year Counts

It was a dark and stormy night... made so much better with cake and friends! Happy Birthday Darren!

Doug made one of his famous carrot birthday cakes for Darren, who can barely be seen here for the glare of the candles.

It's great having a dinner party on a Wednesday night. It is great sleeping in until 7:30. It's great having Doug home at lunch time. Don't mind the sentimentalism... I'm still drunk on cake...

Did I mention the cake?....  followed by incredible coffee?

Life, she's good.

4 comments:

Darren said...

What a great dinner, guacamole, halibut tacos and that amazing carrot cake. Best ever. Thanks so much for all that. You guys are great, so glad we met.

Gee, sentimental at 6 in the morning. The halo effect is still in place. It was that good.

Darren said...

With the new replacement picture in place I have to complain. I am quite easy to see, in spite of the flames, after all.

Rachelle Chinnery said...

Did you prefer the elusive qualities of haze and mystery... ?

Darren said...

Naturally. It's like live PhotoShop.