Jul 25, 2010

Shakes, Soil, and Cats

This week I started to shingle the studio. Now that we have drywall, the next obstacle to getting insurance is the lack of siding. We'll have enough shingles to do the studio and part of the back wall of the house. Hopefully, by fall, if I do a bundle or 2 a week, we'll have both buildings a bit more weatherproof.


Jed delivered 8 yards of some pretty sweet topsoil today. It's actually a mix of topsoil and composted fir chips and seems incredibly rich. Just what we need on our gravel lot. It's sitting right where the lake forms in when the heavy rains hit in November.

I'll shovel a bunch of it into some beds, then spread the rest around in an attempt to keep the lake from forming.

Everyone loves a nice, cool pile of bedding sand at the end 0f a hot day.

No comments: