May 7, 2010

Drywall Project Nears Completion

We're still married, although it was a bit dodgy at times. The drywall is done. The wall painting is done. The floor gets painted tomorrow.

We're sleeping in Rachelle's studio for the next few days as we finish up the main room in our house. It's just like when we first moved here except the studio has running water... both hot and cold. We're making coffee out on the deck with the Coleman stove, and getting pizza from the bakery for dinner. Maybe tomorrow night someone will invite us to dinner to save us from eating at Jan's Cafe.

The walls look great! Bright white paint disguises many flaws. This afternoon I started putting all the electrical fixtures back on while Rachelle filled the cracks and screw holes in the floor with Thin Set and wood filler. I used the leftover drywall sheets to start boarding the pantry and entryway. That project will have to wait a few more months before we'll be ready to take that on.

My neck/shoulder injury has improved a bit with the light duty work that I did today. Tomorrow and Sunday should be more of the same so I'm looking forward to a better work day on Monday.

No comments: