May 11, 2007

Lasers on Stun!

My name is Chin and I am a hack! It generally takes me at least a day to lay out the foundation for any structure that I build. I suck at getting things square and level.

When we were about to put the floor beams on the house foundation (which I thought was level) Wayne came by with his laser level and showed me how far off I actually was. In 15 minutes we were able to shim all the beams so that they were within an 1/8th of an inch of level.

I was like Gollum when he puts on the ring. My eyes got glassy, and I started frothing at the mouth, muttering "my preccciooussssssss". I had to possess this magical tool!

A few days ago I acquired the magic device. Now our foundations will be level and square and our walls plumb. It should cut layout times in half.

"My preciousssss... We loves it... We loves it..."

1 comment:

Siobhan Chinnery said...

Just think how easy it will be to hang all the pictures in your house nice and level, or pinstrip the truck.