Jun 1, 2006

Rachelle's students come for a BBQ



All of Rachelle's students came over last night for a barbeque where we cooked up salmon, steaks, and chicken skewers. Phil cooked 2 of the biggest tenderloins I've ever seen. I suspect they cost as much as my racing bike! There was a huge pasta salad, green salad, fruit salad with cake, rhubarb crisp and ice cream. Lots of beer, wine, whiskey sours, margueritas, and daiquiries were consumed.

In keeping with the ages, the girls prepared all the food while the boys hung out outside drinking beer and telling dirty jokes. Phil got quite a reputation as a drink murpher, having had 4 on the go at one point. Benjamin invented the verb, "to food". I got the boys all whipped up about careening down a wooded mountain on a bicycle and it sounds like they're going to call Smoke about a guided trip.

It was a super fun time with good food and friendly people. Thanks for coming over you guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU guys for this evening!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the great evening and the awesome salmon!

Anonymous said...

hey dudes, it was a really great evening...although it seems like a long time ago now...(July 20).

I also read Dougs blog about his whistler downhill biking trip...Marco, Beni and me did this too, and it was some of the most fun i ever had in Canada! Especially one of the black courses is great (big jumps). Marco crashed about 3 times, one of them was really hurtful, but luckily nothing serious happend...I had a few close ones, as i landed several times on the front wheel...but thanks to the massive suspension, i could always handle it somehow...;-)

To conclude, it was a fun-day par excellence! We also did ATV riding, which was funny too...

So i wish you a nice kajaking trip...see ya and stay tuned!

greetings, Stephan Zuercher