
For some reason (not understood by me) Rachelle loves to listen to CBC Radio 1's "The House" on Saturday mornings. I, on the other hand prefer to listen to Lorne Sutherland's show on our community radio station CHFR, followed by Jenny Brown's "Heavy Rotation. During market season, there is little conflict because she is out of the house and on her way to the market before Lorne really gets going.
I've been trying to wins the $5 coffee gift certificate that Jenny gives away every week, but my 70's rock and roll recall has been a bit hazy of late. Yesterday I hit pay dirt though. I was able to identify Bryan Adam's "Cuts like a Knife" in only a few notes, and ultimately scored a double scoop of mocha ice cream topped with a double espresso. BOOYAH!

Don't think that Jenny's show is a classic rock show and that I've succumbed to the pull of the dark force that draws people to listen only to the music of their youth. She spins an eclectic mix of all ages of music revolving around a weekly theme. I've thought of several shows that I would do if given the opportunity and her show is very similar to one of the ones in the back of my mind.
Big props to Jenny, Lorne, Albini, Brett, Iain, and all the other volunteers that provide us with the absolute treasure that is our community radio. I love you guys!
1 comment:
Hey Doug
We Love the Love From our friends and neighbors Thank you oh by the way C.H.F.R.96.5 is 1 year old today December 6th 2011 whenever your ready to train to do shows either as just fill in or on a regular basis just say the word we would to hear your voice over our airwaves Happy Birthday to us!
Post a Comment