 |
| Fritillaria lanceolata - chocolate lily |
I took the time to go the beach with a book today. It has been about 3 years since I've done this - in any season. Don't know why I don't do it more often and why I don't drag my significant other out for a silent book retreat. Have to make that part of our living strategy here... wasn't that why we moved here?!
 |
| A hanging garden at Big Tribune Bay |
This time of year we are treated to the territorial buzzings of hummingbirds, congregating eagles, ospreys, and the bursting into bloom of gardens hanging from sculpted sandstone bluffs. What exotic beauties!
3 comments:
Good that you went. And it's ok on your own, like it is in this, one of my favourite little videos: http://youtu.be/k7X7sZzSXYs
I walked with the dog towards Ford Cove and back and then read for two hours, with the sun streaming in the windows, one of my favourite books.
Still, it's funny what we plan and then what turns out to be reality and how we sometimes forget what we came here for (doesn't matter where "here" is).
You have a very gentle and subtle style with your words. It's really wonderful. Thanks for posting this today.
Oh! I love that video! ... how to be alone... and be alone well. yeah.
You really capture the essence of beauty on Hornby. Thank you Rachelle!
Post a Comment