All the city folk are saying "Herring can't run. They don't have legs!"
 |
HDR shot of the week. This time with a level
horizon |
Lots of folk way more eloquent than me have written some amazing things about what happens around here when the herring spawn.
Take Rachelle for example. All I'll say is that everyone needs to come to our island catch the spectacle. Sea lions, gulls, ducks, seals, eagles, ravens, ospreys, and anything else that feeds on those animals are all crowding the shoreline either in a feeding frenzy or trying to digest their last feast.
The ocean is a milky turquoise from the herring spawn and when the sun shines on it it's like a jewel. It only lasts for a week or so and it's pretty hard to predict when it hits but if you're here you'll remember the sights and sounds forever.
1 comment:
Beautiful post Doug. I really enjoyed what you wrote and your passion for sharing it with others.
The only complaint I have is that you beat me to the punch (again!).
Post a Comment