We had an excellent meal at a Fernwood restaurant called "Stage", a fabulous sushi feed at "Sen Sushi", and a pretty good meal at the new and somewhat over-hyped "Ulla". I also ate at "The Noodlebox" many times which always brings a smile to my face and warmth to my belly.
Contrary to optimistic media and federal reserve officials, the recession is not over. Actually, I don't know if it's recession, the death of craft, or just not Rachelle's crowd, but we just don't do very well at that show. I suspect that next year we'll stay a bit closer to home and take advantage of the shows that we don't have to take 2 ferries and drive for 3 hours to get to. Also, summertime is where her energies should go in terms of having lots of stock on hand. We'll shift the focus and pack in the idea of those oh-so-depressing craft shows! The quality of the shows slips a little every year so this really is a good time to bail!
On the up side, we had a great time staying with Garth and Joanna as always. Next time we go to Victoria it'll be for an actual vacation, not a working vacation.
2 comments:
beatiful work Rachelle. I hope you do better next summer. A little update. I fell on our driveway ( trying to help rake leaves) and broke my pinkie and next finger down in the palm. Its been a fun 3 weeks so far with another 3 weeks (at least) to go. Oh well no big dinner here on Xmas day.
Have a great holiday.
A. Aunt
beatiful work Rachelle. I hope you do better next summer. A little update. I fell on our driveway ( trying to help rake leaves) and broke my pinkie and next finger down in the palm. Its been a fun 3 weeks so far with another 3 weeks (at least) to go. Oh well no big dinner here on Xmas day.
Have a great holiday.
A. Aunt
Post a Comment