Nov 7, 2010

More Mushrooms


Today it was the highly sought after pine mushroom that was to be our quarry. We went on a challenging hike and it was only after we had given up and were well on our way back to the car that Rachelle spied the elusive beast. We gathered up 3 or 4 pounds of the little devils along with a few lobster mushrooms and a couple of oysters.

Here's Rachelle unable to keep her hands off of the temping matsutakes. We're grilling them on the BarBa with some local organic beef. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Doug and Rachelle,

Those mushrooms look sooo good.

Watch out for worms in your pine mushrooms! A couple of years ago I had a fly infestation in my apartment because of pine mushroom worms.

When I was in Japan, I had the mushrooms barbecued on a charcoal grill with a little bit of sea salt and a spritz of fresh lime. It was awesome.