Oct 9, 2008

The House Gets a Major Face Lift








T
his is week 3 of Doug's 'vacation'. He's been working tirelessly on beautifying our house. The doors and windows were trimmed with cedar. He put up the water board (strip that runs the width of the house) and then, two days ago, began shingling the house.

These are yellow cedar shingles that smell vaguely of frankincense (guess the background). Doug was well prepared for this job from having shingled a couple of houses with the work crew.

The transformation of our house is fantastic. It's gone from tar paper shack to cute island home. And in a timely way, today he recieved a pair of overalls and a toque in the mail from brother Scott and friend Paul respectively. Outfitted for our ever chilling weather, he soldiered on to a near finish of the whole front side.

My husband can do anything.

5 comments:

sarge said...

Wow!! What a difference some siding makes. My wish for you is that a huge work party would show up and 'Presto' it would be done. You're doing an awesome job. Good luck and great weather to finish the job.

Siobhan Chinnery said...

Looking good bro!! that cedar is gorgeous, it must smell awesome. Glad you like the overalls.
keep it up.

Paul and Brenda said...

Wow...we are so impressed! Keep up the great work, let us know when you get the guest house done and we'll be on the next flight! lol.

The Clements said...

Yah yah the house looks great, but where are the nudie pics??? :-(
~Jill

Anonymous said...

Doug and Rachelle,

The house looks great! I know that I keep promising that I am going to make it up there... I will this fall. What about sometime in the beginning of November?

If you have some hard labour that needs to be done, I will gladly do it!

Cheers and it will be great to see ya!

Dan Gronross