Over an evening and the better part of the next day he ran a length of Tek cable to the kiln shed where I had built and mounted a lockable box. He installed a temporary panel and ran 4 circuits to the house, 1 to the trailer, and 1 large one for the kiln.
Now we can boil water, run the air compressor and use chop saw all at the same time! The kiln is firing right now as I write this. Hopefully the results wil be successful and will be a good omen to the many firings to follow.
The construction of the high tech/low tech septic system continued this week, Dave came by with the backhoe and we filled the rings with fancy, expensive, engineered sand. The loader was too wide for the rings so Ed and I held plywood scraps as a funnel to get all the sand into the rings.
The plumbing is also now done for the septic tank. It's pretty neat stuff with its control panels, pumps, floats, alarms, etc. It's all nice and clean now; all shiny PVC and slippery
All that's really left is to mix and fill the rings with the top layers of soil, plant the plants, and hook up the electronics.
5 comments:
Hey guys, thanks for the updates and I am really happy for you things are making fantastic progress, and Rachelle can now have a place to continue working on her beautiful potteries. Salute to the hard work and determination you both have to continue building your dream home!!
Who gets to take the first dump?!?
So did you move the outdoor shower that used to be where that breaker box is now or is this also an economic way to get you that on demand hot water system you wanted?
You know, a system like that would probably dry you off too...
Well, Clementines, whoever is the most full of it gets the first dump. I'll leave that one open...
And yes, the shower is on the other side of the breaker box. I like how the sparks fly when the shampoo hits the big wires and the kiln when it's fully firing.
I doubt there is any confusion as you & Doug know us pretty well, but on the offchance that you might think I'm interested in your bathroom visits, unlike my husband, I am indeed not. Just wanted that on the record! ~Jill
Post a Comment