May 20, 2012

The May Long... But Never Dull

Another May Long Weekend is in full swing. Doug attended four call-outs within 24 hours - three of them in rapid succession on Saturday afternoon. One, a very sad and tragic event.

I did the first Saturday market of the season, which will continue into October. We had a wonderful barbecue salmon and steak dinner with a whack of friends after an invigorating afternoon cello and piano concert at the Hall, complete with ice cream cones at intermission.

Yes, we enjoy a full plate here on the rock. Sometimes tricky, sometimes a juggle, and sometimes just a plain tough go. But always - always interesting. Today was filled with wonderful relief from the edgy bits. Makes us truly thankful for everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We watched the newscast that Doug did. He did a super job but we do not envy his job as rescuer. So sad. Marilyn gave us the info to get in to heat the broadcast. I did not realize that Hornby Island was such a busy place. I went canoeing twice this past weekend. First with a friend on Sat. at Cootes Paradis in Hamilton. Gorgeous area with lots of heron, turtles, swans, and even deer. On Mon. I went to the same area with Heather and Paige. With H. I even carried over our heads on our shoulders which was a first for me. I guess all my workouts at the gym are paying off. H. and Ted have had a canoe for years stored at his dad's cottage and never used down here so they are learning what a great place we have to canoe. It was hard to believe that in the midst of Ham. and Burl. we have such a beautiul serene place to go for solitude if one wishes. Great time was had by all.
A. Anne

ev said...

Hi Guys, I checked in on you blog today and so enjoyed the beautiful pictures and thoughtful posts. Thinking of you!