It was a 40 hour course crammed into 4 days but today I finished my First Responder Level III course. This is the medical training that every firefighter, professional or volunteer, must have in order to be certified by the BC Fire Service.
The course covers CPR, spinal immobilization, airways, fractures, burns, poisoning... really anything that a person can have go wrong with them and need immediate help with.
From the aquatic first aid to the office oriented courses, I've taken a several first aid sessions over the last 25 years of my life. I found this course to be one of the best. Next weekend we get an FRIII instructor from off island to come over and run us all through a written and practical exam.
2 comments:
ieeeee... eeerrrrrrr... errrrrrr...ieeeee... station 51... engine 36...Kiln fire... 4-7 Arthurs Farm.
(click)
Station 51, 10-4... KMG 365.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX5-3zrElKk&feature=PlayList&p=1F4BA544B451048E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2
OMG! I just watched that clip and got spine tinglies!! I want it to be back on! I miss them so much ... forgot how much I loved that show.
Oh, congrats by the way Doug (sorry, got a little carried away there).
Will I ever see the squad51 boys again ...
Post a Comment